[Callers] CA - Jersey

Bob Isaacs via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Fri Jun 19 11:34:17 PDT 2015

Hi All:

Inspired by Tom Hinds' amazing dance The Amazing Sarah Wilcox, I introduced the following this week:

Coast to Coast
Becket-L, 6/8/15

A1.  Ladies allemande R 1 1/2, N1 swing
A2.  Down the hall in line/4 - turn alone, up hall and bend line to ring
B1.  Balance, w/N1 Jersey twirl to face out in long lines
       Balance, w/N2 California twirl to face across
B2.  Circle L 3/4, partner swing

In the long lines facing out, I'm not sure of the best way to balance.  I went with balance towards N2 first, then towards N1, and that was a good way to set up the Cal twirl.  But other ways to balance are possible, and I'd be curious how they work if any of you try them.

The best part of the dance to me is that both twirls are with a neighbor, as that helps teach the moves.  It's rare either twirl is with a neighbor, so to get both is a real bonus.

Bob