[Callers] What is this circle dance?

Jonathan Sivier via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jun 17 12:16:22 PDT 2015

    I would think George would be happy to have his dance spread around.
  I don't think the Urbana Country Dancers have an official policy on
sharing dances from the Midwest Folklore book.  I don't think we would
want someone to put the entire text online, but as a member of that
community I'm happy to share this dance.  Here is my interpretation of
the dance from the book.

Ames Amble
George Lowrey
circle mixer

1-2 into the center and back, twice
3 - do-si-do partner
4 - do-si-do corner
5 - promenade with partner
6 - ladies roll back to allemande right with the gent
     behind, allemande left with partner
7-8 swing the gent behind (your new partner)

Jonathan
-----
Jonathan Sivier
Caller of Contra, Square, English and Early American Dances
jsivier AT illinois DOT edu
Dance Page: http://www.sivier.me/dance_leader.html
-----
Q: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
A: It depends on what dance you call!