[Callers] Another approach to Gender Free calling

Jacob Nancy Bloom via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jun 3 10:34:56 PDT 2015

You raise a good point.  It took a long time for someone to impress upon me
that, although I have no problem with positional calling, many people do.
Different people have different strengths.

When calling for a group of beginners, I've found that things go more
smoothly if I know several ways to describe an action, and use them all.
 "Look for the next, look away from the couple you've been dancing with,
for a new person."  Some people will understand that they are dancing with
one couple after another and turn the right way when I say "Look for the
next", some are orienting themselves relative to the other couple and find
"look away from the other couple" clearer, and some do not have a strong
positional sense but will look around for a new person to dance with.
Different calls work best for different dancers.

Jacob

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Aahz Maruch via Callers <