[Callers] Another approach to Gender Free calling

Aahz Maruch via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jun 2 06:24:54 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015, Bob Stein via Callers wrote:

> This discussion of ECD just made me realize that the one move that is
> usually specifically gender related -- Ladies Chain -- is actually 2nd
> corners chain.  If the idea of first and second corners is introduced
> to contra dancers than there would be no problem with most of the
> moves: chains, allemandes, heys.  It all becomes position oriented.

Maybe so.  But this discussion is making me realize part of the reason I
dislike ECD: this positional notation.  It's not that position is
difficult for me in general terms, because that's a lot of MWSD, but
something about the "corners" notation I find difficult (I also have
difficulty with contra corners).

I wonder how many other people have similar difficulty and to what
extent this accounts for the ECD/contra divide.
--
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6                        http://rule6.info/