[Callers] Global terminology in contra dances

Winston, Alan P. via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jun 2 00:40:10 PDT 2015

I've also enjoyed calling the Jamaica Plain dance a couple of times.  I called them clocks and windows once and things got confused because I thought was a role that stuck through the whole sequence and at least some of them thought it meant the side of the set they're on now.  But then I called a gendered English dance on Saturday, explained how progression worked and that you keep your number until you're out at the end and I had one couple who after an intermediate progression thought they'd changed to twos.

Can't always win.

Alan

Sent from my iPad