[Callers] Another approach to Gender Free calling

Perry Shafran via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 1 09:53:39 PDT 2015

In trying to figure out how this would work, I guess I need to stop thinking of 1st or 2nd corners in ECD, since most of those are proper dances, to using the terminology in contra, since most dances are improper.  I'm trying to figure out how it would work for proper dances.  And then for becket dances (though I can see that not being too difficult).
And then there is contra corners, where 1st and 2nd corners have completely different meanings.  In that case we would need to differentiate between a "corner" and a "contra corner".  I ran into this when calling a contra dance with 1st and 2nd corners (Centennial Reel) recently.
Perry