[Callers] Jets / rubies genderfree terms redux: gems?

Meg Dedolph via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jun 1 08:43:57 PDT 2015

I happened to play on Saturday night for Queer Contra Chicago, a dance
series that prefers to use bands/ bares. I've called for that series as
well.
Two things stood out: The first is that during the workshop someone asked
the caller if he'd heard the larks/ ravens terminology, and said they
thought it was easier to remember larks = left, ravens = right.
The second is that every time the caller said "bands," in addressing the
floor, I jumped, because I thought he was talking to the musicians and I
had missed something. I wouldn't have noticed that as a caller, I think.
For what it's worth....
Meg

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:28 AM Delia Clark via Callers <