[Callers] "Flash Mob" dances

Claire Takemori via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jul 27 17:10:35 PDT 2015

Alan,

I went to the demo contra last year.  I had only been doing contra for a year and found it a little intimidating to ask strangers out of the crowd to join us.
For me, it would've been great to add in the FB announcement a little blurb about having experienced dancers ask the crowd to join before each dance.  That way those of us who might be intimidated by that can prepare a little mentally for the task.....  I love the ideas Linda wrote for an initial crowd gathering technique.

I'd also really LOVE to do a REAL flash mob contra sometime, and maybe we can get someone to do a nice video for BACDS. Could be a fabulous promo.
It would be cool to start with a violin and 2 couples , then have folks/musicians dribble in by 1s or 2s.  Obviously everyone knows the first dance by heart already.   Then the caller comes at the end to start a new dance!

Thanks for doing that again Alan!   Looks like a great time.

Claire Takemori

Message: 1