[Callers] sticky floors

karl via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Jul 20 13:25:32 PDT 2015

I have used cornmeal many times on many floors. Caution, a little bit
goes a long way.
As far as corn starch, well, corn starch and water (humidity) makes a
great glue (google it).
I have never noticed the floor getting noticeably scratched with
cornmeal as it is used sparingly
just on sticky spots. Have never noticed any other unpleasant after
effects either. But as mentioned
earlier think about the owners of the floor. My knees often remind me of
the effects of a sticky floor.
I also recommend using sweeping compound before and after a dance.
Before if the floor is dusty
and after to keep the owners happy.