[Callers] Ferry Boat Contra Ideas

Erik Hoffman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Sun Jul 12 21:12:18 PDT 2015

Dancing Sailors is a fantastic dance -- one of my favorites! It's also
quite tricky. Unless you're calling to experienced dancers, you may
choose to avoid this dance, with contra corners into a hey where the
ones are dancing with their partners, but the twos with a shadow in a
different minor set, it's ripe for beginner, and even experienced
confusion. Besides being a challenge when in the middle of the set, the
end effects are tricky, and can easily increase the confusion factor...

~erik hoffman
     oakland, ca