[Callers] Thanks

Claire Takemori via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Jul 9 23:58:41 PDT 2015

Thank you for all the great advice!
I do plan to call a simple contra that is still interesting to the experienced dancers.  I have no ideas of calling hard figures until I've got experience and am ready.

I'm still looking for good instructions on when to cue the band for the ending?   Is it simply when a couple is out at the top that you signal during B1 that there are 3 more times left?

What I was mostly curious is if someone had written out ways to teach the various steps.  I guess this is one of those things that is still passed down the old-fashioned way.  I have to find a great caller, listen to them call and write down what they say.....  I was hoping I would not have to miss out on dancing to learn this.

Thanks for the help.
claire takemori