[Callers] Ferry Boat Contra Ideas

Lindsey Dono via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Wed Jul 8 12:35:58 PDT 2015

Hi Callers,
In a couple of weeks, I'll be calling the annual Ferry Boat Contra for the second time. Last year I put a good deal of effort into coming up with nautical themes/jokes, so this year I'll really need to go "overboard."
I'd love to hear your ideas regarding entertaining (but not distracting) maritime moves/terminology/jokes/trivia to add into my program. The majority of folks in my area have at least been on a boat other than a ferry, and a number sail regularly, but I'd rather keep the references from becoming too obscure.
Looking forward to your suggestions!
Lindsey(Tacoma, WA)