[Callers] How to teach various steps to beginners?

Claire Takemori via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Jul 7 13:10:23 PDT 2015

Hi.  I just called my first contra dance at camp last week.  I didn't die, so I'm thinking of working with our son's nature class to do some family dances.

In the meantime, I will try to call a contra when I can as a guest at our local dances.

Do you know of a source/s (would you share yours)  that has good clear wording for how to teach things like Hey, Pull-by, California Twirl, Petronella, Rory O'more, etc?

I will ask good callers if I can record their teachings when I'm at dances with lots of beginners.....

Where else can I learn good, simple wording?  I sure don't want to reinvent it myself......

Thanks!
claire takemori