[Callers] Contras with a Hey

Kalia Kliban via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Dec 8 10:01:52 PST 2015

My two favorites for teaching the whole hey to new dancers are
Flirtation Reel (Tony Parkes) and Carousel (Tom Hinds).  In both cases,
you start and end the hey in the same place, facing the same person
(neighbor and partner, respectively), then go into a swing with them (by
way of a gypsy or balance).  In Butter, you come out of the hey into the
progression, which is slightly less easy.

Kalia