[Callers] Family dance questions

P. Campbell via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Tue Aug 4 15:43:46 PDT 2015

I repeat the "have fun" suggestion. Get them moving, don't talk a lot or explain a lot - quick demos are okay, saying what's happening as you demo.
Elbow or 2-hand swings, but tell them to look at their partner - that it's part of the fun.

Don't explain giving weight - in fact, don't explain much...don't do a lot of "teaching."

Books/CDs/DVDs by:
Marion Rose
Sanna Longden (Folkstyle Productions)
Paul Rosenberg
The Amidons

Do circle, square, & longways dances - while set dances (don't bother with duple minor dances b/c there's more to remember and there are more than enough dances to do without them - I don't think I've done one in over 10 years).

Easy, fun, high energy dances mixed with easy, fun, slightly less energy dances. Throw in some of the singing games (Playparty Ganes).

My 2 cents...

Patricia

Patricia Campbell
Newtown, CT