[Callers] Dance length/dances per evening

Lenore Frigo via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 27 12:06:41 PDT 2015

I also use a stopwatch. As a new caller, I find it difficult to use any of
the other methods because they require me to calculate and/or REMEMBER one
more bit of information and my brain is already quite fully engaged. When I
started out calling guest calling just 1-2 dances per night, I was fine
tracking tune changes, but calling all night long, it all blurs together
too much.

I don't use the stop watch to tell me when to stop the dance, but it's the
perfect way to answer the question "Just how long has this dance been going
on?". I usually aim to wrap it up in about 8-9 minutes, but it all depends
on all those situational factors that people have already mentioned.

-Lenore

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM, Maia McCormick via Callers <