[Callers] Dance length/dances per evening

Ann Fallon via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Mon Apr 27 07:37:42 PDT 2015

Very interesting discussion.

One thing I try to pay attention to is the music and whether the band will be playing two-tune or three-tune medleys.  If I think the dance will not run for a long time (short hall, time running out, etc.) I’ll let the band know so they can make their changes sooner rather than later.  I always feel badly if I have to cut the dance short and the band hasn’t gotten a chance to play the last tune at least four times through.  If I have to make an “emergency” stop I always try to apologize to the band for cutting them short.  If I lose track of the changes I’ll ask where they are.

Ann Fallon

Annapolis, Maryland