[Callers] When the dancers aren't paying attention

John W Gintell via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Apr 23 09:47:49 PDT 2015

I certainly agree that a "shhhh" or similar utterance is not a good thing to do.

One of the consequences of people talking during the walkthrough  is that it sometimes hard to hear the instructions - especially at the back of the hall. And of course it is at the back of the hall where there are more inexperienced dancers who need it more.

Another problem is that if the musicians are noodling - and of course out of synch with the walkthrough -it also makes it harder to hear the caller.

So, it is important for callers speak clearly and loudly during the walkthrough and make it clear that it has started;
and sound people listen at the back of the hall to see what it is like.

  John Gintell