[Callers] Alemandery (WAS: Anyone seen this sequence?)

Ric Goldman via Callers callers at lists.sharedweight.net
Thu Apr 16 16:33:14 PDT 2015

Hi Kalia,

As written, at the beginning of B2, folks come out of the nbr swing - 1s
below, 2s above.  The balance ring gives folks a chance to reorient (1s
facing up, 2s facing down).  The pass-by L (and turn L around to face the
"normal" direction) flows into the subsequent allemande L 1-1/2.  Another
possible alternative for the pass-by might be a L-shoulder gypsy, which
might flow into the nbr allemande L more easily (a "gypsy/allemande
meltdown"?)

However, going the other way with a normal pass-thru and turn to the R
brings the L hands around to connect (perhaps with a clap) for the
allemande:

B2 	1-4 	Balance the ring; pass thru (and turn back R into)
 	5-8 	Nbrs allemande L 1-1/2 (to new cpl...)

This avoids the counter intuitive pass-by, and while not as smooth a flow,
might be an exciting contact point for the dancers.  Definitely worth
considering  :-)

Thanx, Ric Goldman