[Callers] Some 3 cpl Dances

Sue Robishaw sue at manytracks.com
Fri Feb 28 19:07:51 PST 2014

Here are the notes. Sorry for the length (thanks to everyone who <snip>s!) (for us Digesters :-)

-------------------------------------
Microchase - easier adaptation of Anne Fallon's Microchasmic - 3 cpl longways

A1    8    Lines -- Forward & Back
         8    Partners -- DoSiDo
A2    8    Right Corners --DoSiDo
         8    Left Corners -- DoSiDo
B1    8    Partners -- Two Hand Turn
         8    Top Cpl -- Cast Off / All Follow
B2    16  Arch & All Thru  /  Turn Single (spacer if needed)

I found it worked better to have everyone look to their Right (Left) Corner and DoSiDo with them. If no one there, don't do anything. Rather than think of it just in terms of the middle couple.

-------------------------------------
On-the-Fly-Circles  --  longways mixer for 2, 3, or 4 cpls plus 1 extra person in one line, even at top (see notes next dance)

A1    8-8    All -- Circle Left / Circle Rt
A2    8-8    Cpls -- Right Hnd Turn / DoSiDo (extra at bottom rests or turns themselves)
B1    8-8    Cpls -- Left Hnd Turn / SeeSaw
B2    8        Top Cpl -- Cast to Bottom
         8        Lines -- Forw & Back

-------------------------------------
On-the-Fly-Stars -- longways mixer for 2, 3, or 4 cpls plus 1 extra person in one line, even at top

A1    8-8    Top Cpls -- Rt Hnd Star / Lft HS
A2    8-8    Top Cpl -- Sashay Down & Back
B1    16    Cast / Follow / Arch / Thru (including extra)
B2    8    (Lines -- Forw & Back)*  Even up Top
         8    Cpls -- DoSiDo (extra at bottom rest or turn themselves)

* might skip F&B if 4 cpls or slow 3 cpls. I tried to drop the DoSiDo once but dancers who had done it before objected -- they LIKED the DoSiDo.
Both of these are highly adaptable, and likely have been 'written' by others, too. Made them "on the fly" at a snowstormed 5 person dance. They could probably use a better name but they stick in my head this way.

-------------------------------------
Three Track - circle mixer for 3 cpls  (many similar dances, likely already named by someone else but this is what I call it)

A1    8-8    Circle Right  /  Left
A2    16    (Face partner, note Direction you're facing) Grand Chain - PASS Partner once
B1    8    When meet Partner 2nd time --  Right Hand Turn 1+
         8    with next -- Left Hand Turn 1+
B2    8    with next -- Two Hand Turn
         8    Promenade  ...  into ...

-------------------------------------
Two Track - circle mixer for 3 cpls (or 4) (easier than Three Track) (same note as above)

A1    8-8    Circle Right  /  Left
A2    16 (Face partner, note Direction you're facing) Grand Chain - PASS Partner once
B1    8 When meet Partner 2nd time -- DoSiDo
         8    Pass them By
B2    8    with Next -- SeeSaw
         8    Promenade  ...  into ...

Note: 4 cpl version don't Pass Partner, DoSiDo first time you meet.

-------------------------------------
Sheehana's Reel - circle mixer 3-4 cpls (5 works if dancers quick, or let it cross phrase) - variation of Roger Whynot's Sheehan's Reel

A1    8    Two's -- Forward & Back
         8    Right Hand Star
A2    8    One's -- Forward & Back
         8    Left Hand Star past partner to Next
B    32    New Partner -- DoSiDo  /  Swing or THT
                Promenade

     Cheers,  Sue R., U.P.Michigan
.