[Callers] ONS Plus Circle Mixers

Kalia Kliban kalia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 23 17:30:41 PST 2014

On 2/23/2014 4:58 PM, Sue Robishaw wrote:
> Hi,
>      I'm looking for a few interesting circle (or longways) mixers for
> 5-10 cpl size group who are beyond Lucky 6/7 but still learning. Along
> the lines of Cabot School Mixer maybe. I have plenty of easy mixers for
> new dancers, and many nice ones for 3-4 cpls, but could use a few more
> in the middling range. Recommendations appreciated!
>      Thanks,   Sue Robishaw, U.P.M.

I've used the Lancashire Reel with good success and it works fine with
small-to-medium groups.  It's a double circle, gents facing out, ladies
facing in.  I can't remember where I got this dance.  Looking online, I
see versions where the first dosido is the left shouldered-one.  I've
found that starting with the "usual" shoulder works fine.

P dosido
On L diagonal, L allemande and back to place.

P seesaw
On R diagonal, R allemande and stay there (new P)

With new P, balance and swing

Promenade the ring, then gents face out, ladies face in.

And how about Levi Jackson Rag (5 cpls)?  It's not actually that hard,
and uses basic figures in a fun way.  When a set gets through it for the
first time it's a definite high-5 moment.

Kalia