[Callers] Purpose of the List

Don Veino sharedweight_net at veino.com
Wed Sep 11 17:01:03 PDT 2013

My 0.02 is to keep one list. That said, I'd welcome us to apply some
self-monitoring for what we post. Besides the obvious trimming of included
material to just the pertinent bits, some other thoughts which might be
applied:

   - If as a participant you notice it's just you and one or two others
   continuing to post, consider taking it off list.
   - If what you're doing is not really discussion-y (say the recent
   request to collect/catalog all the moves - not meaning to single you out
   Sam, that's just a great example) consider other tools to achieve that
   (e.g.: a wiki or shared open google spreadsheet, etc.) and offer to post
   back the results.
   - If you find yourself making the same or similar points several times
   across different threads, consider that the message may already have been
   received.
   - I'm sure others have some great additional suggestions.

Should we be able to agree to a set of list values/behaviors, then possibly
a periodic automatic reminder of them would help us stay on track?

It is the diversity/balance of voices I appreciate here. I hope we can see
that continue by keeping folks interested and involved to a level that
informs without overloading.

Thanks all for your participation,
Don