[Callers] Circle Mixers for newbies

Linda Leslie laleslierjg at comcast.net
Thu Oct 25 11:00:15 PDT 2012

Dear Ron,
I find that circle mixers can be a great choice! There is something
quite lovely about all the dancers being in the same set together. I
will often use a circle mixer when there are a large number of newer
dancers; there are lots of great reasons to do so! On occasion, a
scatter mixer is another way of generating partner change, and some fun.

Here are some of my favorite circles:

Atlantic Mixer
by  unknown
Circle Mixer/Circle/Easy

A1 -----------
Promenade
A2 -----------
Ladies turn back, Gents continue all single file
B1 -----------
New Partner allemande right
Allemande Left
B2 -----------
Partner Balance & Swing  (can be dosido and 2 hand turn)

Cabot School Mixer
by Ted Sannella
Circle Mixer/Easy

A1 -----------
Circle right
Forward and back
A2 -----------
Circle left
Corner allemande right once
Partner allemande left once
B1 -----------
Corner do si do  and swing
B2 -----------
Promenade

First Turn in May
by Tom Hinds
Circle Mixer/Improper/Easy

A1 -----------
Forward and back
Forward and back
A2 -----------
Corner (previous partner) Allemande left
Partner allemande right
Corner allemande left
Pass this partner by the right

B1 -----------
New Partner Balance and Swing

B2 -----------
Promenade

I Don’t Know Why
by  unknown
Circle Mixer/Improper/Beginner

A1 -----------
Circle left
Circle right
A2 -----------
Everybody forward and back
Only the ladies forward, turn around, look to the left diagonal
B1 -----------
New Partner do si do and Swing
B2 -----------
Promenade

Let's Celebrate the Day
by Linda Leslie
Circle Mixer/Circle/Beginner

A1 -----------
Circle Left
Circle Right
A2 -----------
Ladies into the center, turn alone
return and swing *this* partner
B1 -----------
Gents into the center, turn alone  (a new partner is slightly on the
right)
return and swing your new partner
B2 -----------
Promenade

North Shore Mixer
by Tony Parkes
Circle Mixer/Improper/Easy

A1 -----------
Circle left
Circle right (or f & b twice)
A2 -----------
Corner allemande left once
Partner allemande right once
Corner allemande left once
B1 -----------
Partner do si do
Corner swing
B2 -----------
Promenade

Welcoming New Friends
by Dale Rempert
Circle Mixer/Improper/Easy

A1 -----------
Circle Right
Forward and Back
Circle left
Forward and back...on the way back, roll away with a half sashay,
(ladies to the left)
Balance and Swing the next
Promenade