[Callers] Genderless beginner dances

Jacob & Nancy Bloom bloom at gis.net
Sun Dec 16 12:06:53 PST 2012

Luke, I looked at the dances on your blog.  I was surprised by Rory
and Juliet, with its turns once and a quarter and three quarters
around, since the last thing I would want to burden beginners with is
fractions.

Here's a dance you can use.  I call it my House Dance Special, since
I've often called it at dances held in houses, where there wasn't
room to do a Sicilian Circle.

House Dance Special
Jacob Bloom
Duple Improper Contra

Circle Left
Circle Right
Star Right
Star Left
Dosido partner
Swing partner (or two hand turn)
Dosido neighbor
Pass through, Dosido the next (or bow to the next)

Jacob