[Callers] Thoughts on "Gents' chain"

Lisa Greenleaf laleaf at verizon.net
Sun Oct 9 19:33:10 PDT 2011

I teach the courtesy turn before I teach the dance.  In contra lines, I have dancers allemande right their neighbors "and don't stop. "  Then I instruct the women to put their free hand in the small of the gents back--voila!  It's a courtesy turn for a gents chain.  I make a big point of telling the women that if they are unsure of the move, think allemande right and the rest will fall into place.

Lisa Greenleaf