[Callers] The Beginners' Lesson Tips?

Richard Mckeever macmck at ymail.com
Tue Oct 4 09:28:33 PDT 2011

It makes me cringe when I see anyone trying to teach beginners a buzz step.  We emphasize the dance is done with a smooth walking step - so let them continue that into the swing rather than encouraging them to start bouncing up and down.

Once they are comfortable with the walking swing they can proceed on their own to a buzz step.  There is nothing wrong with a walking step and teaching the buzz step makes it seem like a requirement.

Mac Mckeever