[Callers] easy ONS dances where partner is kept?

Linda Leslie laleslierjg at comcast.net
Sat Mar 19 21:39:29 PDT 2011

Dear Tina,
Here are a few more from my files. I do a lot of ONS, and have
collected quite a few dances. Although many of them are "improper",
the dances are very "forgiving", and are actually role free.

I hope you have a great time!
warmly, Linda Leslie

Kid's Chaos Mixer #3
by Chrissy Fowler
Scatter Mixer/Beginner

A1 -----------
(In fours) Circle left
Circle right
A2 -----------
Right hand star
Left hand star

B1 -----------
Neighbor two hand turn
Partner two hand turn
B2 -----------
Promenade partner to a new couple

Attleboro Reel
by Linda Leslie
Sicilian Circle/Other/Beginner

A1 -----------
Neighbor do si do
As couples do si do
A2 -----------
Star right
Star left
B1 -----------
Circle left
Circle right
      Var: Partner B & S
B2 -----------
Forward and Back
Pass through

Back to Back
by Al Brozek
Square/Beginner

A1 -----------
First couple out to the right and circle up four
Pick up the next and circle 6

A2 -----------
Pick up the next and circle 8 until you're home!
B1 -----------
Ladies to the center stand back to back
Gents walk around the outside track
Swing your own!
B2 -----------
Promenade until you're home

Balance the Star #2
by McLain Family
Sicilian Circle/Becket-CW/Beginner

A1 -----------
Balance In and Out TWICE
Star right once
A2 -----------
Balance In and Out Twice
Left star once
B1 -----------
Ladies do si do*
Gents do si do
B2 -----------
Circle left once
Slide left to a new couple (time for clogging!)

Family Contra
by Sherry Nevins
Contra/Improper/Beginner

A1 -----------
Balance the ring twice
Circle Left
A2 -----------
Balance the ring twice
Circle Right
B1 -----------
Neighbor do si do
Partner do si do
B2 -----------
As couples do si do once and a half to progress

Fun in New Bedford
Linda Leslie
Type: Sicilian Circle
Formation: Duple-Improper
Level: Beginner

A1 -----------
(8) Circle Left 1X
Circle Right
A2 -----------
Neighbor do si do and 2 hand swing (go home!!)

B1 -----------
Partner do si do and 2 hand swing
B2 -----------
As couples forward and back
cw couples arch, ccw couples duck through

Notes: A2 and B1 can be elbow swings.

Sicilian Circle of Fun
by Linda Leslie
Sicilian Circle/Improper/Beginner

A1 -----------
(8) Circle Left 1X
(8) Circle Right 1X
A2 -----------
Neighbor right elbow
Neighbor Left elbow
B1 -----------
Partner right elbow
Partner left elbow
B2 -----------
Forward and back
2/s arch, 1’s duck   (or pass through)

Snowball
by  unknown
Longways for 5 couples

A1 -----------
#1’s Right elbow, then back by the left
A2 -----------
#1’s and #2’s Right hand star
Left hand star
#1’s #2’s #3’s Circle left
Circle right
#1 #2 #3 #4
(8) Long lines, forward and back
(8) Long lines, forward and back--at same time, #5 go up the outside
to the top to become #1