[Callers] Give and Take 4x4

Chris Lahey clahey at clahey.net
Thu Jun 30 08:36:40 PDT 2011

How does this feel on the floor?  Have you diagrammed this on a grid?
It seems to me that you'd have spacing trouble since the beginning of
the dance is a 4x4, but the orientation at the end of A1 is
essentially a contra dance.

This is partially solved by all the give & takes, since you have to
walk forward and back, but I would be somewhat worried by people being
far apart right before the Petronella.  Perhaps yet another Give &
Take would work here?

Now that I think about it some more though, it seems like swing
followed by down the hall would have similar problems, but it always
seems to be fine, so maybe the grid differences are close enough that
the formation naturally "breathes."

I want to dance this now so I can see if my guesses are accurate.
     Chris