[Callers] Callers' Week Intensive at Cumberland Dance Week (July 17-23)

Tepfer, Seth labst at emory.edu
Mon Jun 27 08:38:33 PDT 2011

Please feel free to pass on to callers new and experienced, wanna-be callers, friends, total strangers, dead people, whomever might want to come. Thanks! :)

Callers Week Intensive at Cumberland Dance Week (July 17-23)

Cumberland Dance Week will feature a callers' intensive program this year. Two full sessions each day of instruction, exercises, and practice time, led by Seth Tepfer. The week will feature 3 late night open mic calling times and opportunities to add more dance parties.

During the week we will cover:

  *   Introduction to calling
  *   Effective teaching
  *   Calling squares
  *   Programming an evening
  *   The Beginners workshop (new dancer session)
  *   Working with musicians
  *   The Business side (marketing, money, insurance)
  *   Dance Weekends
  *   and much more

This class is for people who want to:

  *   learn to call from scratch (contras or squares)
  *   take their calling to the next level
  *   call and teach more effectively
  *   practice calling in a safe space

Each day we will have one session where we will go over material in a setting that provides a mix of lecture, discussion, and active participatory exercises. The second session will be lab, where we will be practicing calling contras and squares with live music and dance guinea pigs.

Participants will have homework each day and be expected to participate in the open calling sessions and dance parties.

Cumberland Dance Week is July 17-23, 2011 at Lake Cumberland 4-H Educational Center, Nancy Kentucky.

More information about Cumberland Dance week is available at:  www.cumberlanddanceweek.org/<http://www.cumberlanddanceweek.org/>

Cost starts at $699 (2 adults per room, all inclusive). Scholarships are available.
Call 770-289-3204 or  email seth at danceRhapsody.com<http://www.dancerhapsody.com/redir.aspx?C=9ea99a1f8b424edba2141ac2e0fc0748&URL=mailto%3aseth%40danceRhapsody.com> to discuss details.

prohibited.