[Callers] Callers’ Week Intensive at Cumberland Dance Week

Tepfer, Seth labst at emory.edu
Wed Apr 20 11:50:43 PDT 2011

PS The link for Cumberland Dance week had errors. The correct link is http://www.cumberlanddanceweek.org/
(Thanks Aimee)

-----Original Message-----
From: callers-bounces at sharedweight.net [mailto:callers-bounces at sharedweight.net] On Behalf Of Tepfer, Seth
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:40 PM
To: Caller's discussion list
Subject: [Callers] Callers’ Week Intensive at Cumberland Dance Week

Exciting news!
Callers’ Week Intensive at Cumberland Dance Week (July 17-23)
Cumberland Dance Week will feature a callers' intensive program this year. Two full sessions each day of instruction, exercises, and practice time, led by Seth Tepfer. The week will feature 3 late night open mic calling times and opportunities to add more dance parties.

During the week we will cover:

  *   Introduction to calling
  *   Effective teaching
  *   Calling squares
  *   Programming an evening
  *   The Beginners workshop (new dancer session)
  *   And much more
This class is for people who want to:

  *   learn to call from scratch
  *   take their calling to the next level
  *   call and teach more effectively
  *   practice calling in a safe space
Each day we will have one session where we will go over material in a setting that provides a mix of lecture, discussion, and active participatory exercises. The second session will be lab, where we will be practicing calling contras and squares with live music and dance guinea pigs.

Participants will have homework each day and be expected to participate in the open calling sessions and dance parties.

Cumberland Dance Week is July 17-23, 2011 at Lake Cumberland 4-H Educational Center, Nancy Kentucky.
More information about Cumberland Dance week is available at:  www.cumberlanddanceweek.org/<http://www.cumberlanddanceweek.org/>
Cost starts at $699 (2 adults per room, all inclusive). Scholarships are available.
Call 770-289-3204 or  email seth at danceRhapsody.com<http://dancerhapsody.com/redir.aspx?C=9ea99a1f8b424edba2141ac2e0fc0748&URL=mailto%3aseth%40danceRhapsody.com> to discuss details.

prohibited.