[Callers] Calling for dancers with disabilities

Chrissy Fowler ktaadn_me at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 19:32:12 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I'm calling a couple of community dances this summer for a non-profit that mentors adult artists with varying developmental disabilities.  A high proportion of the dancers will be their clients, or other similarly-disabled clients of their parent organization.   The mentors and other agency staff will be on hand to dance as well.  We're all very excited that this is happening, and I want to be sure it's a successful experience for the dancers, especially those with disabilities.

Has anyone on this list done anything similar?  If so, do you have any specific suggestions as I prepare?  (On or off-list.  Content or approach.)

Thx!
Chrissy Fowler
Belfast, Maine