[Callers] What makes a caller a great caller?

barb kirchner barbkirchner at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 11 07:41:06 PDT 2011

also flippant, but true:

good teaching and an open mind.

best comment i ever got "she can holler so pleasantly to get us to do what she wants!"

so - learn to holler pleasantly.

and it's absolutely true that a very mediocre caller can have a fabulous night with a good band, but it's darned hard for a caller to overcome a bad band.  so don't forget that the musicians are more important than you are.  working WITH whatever they want to do will almost always lead to the best experience.

good luck!