[Callers] Grid Squares Contra

Liz and Bill staf186 at ext.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Apr 4 14:36:42 PDT 2011

Hi Everybody,

       I tried a simple grid contra that Bob Isaacs gave me at our dance last
  Saturday. It was a great success. It was easy to teach, and the dancers loved it.
It's really more like calling a contra than a square.

        We didn't have a big grid as we only have 24 dancers,
but the movement around the floor was still interesting for the dancers.

       I'd been in communication with Bob Isaacs after I saw the
grid squares videos taken by David Millstone of the grids session at
Dance Flurry.  For a long time, I've been interested in the way such dances
move people around the floor, so Bob's dances intrigued me.

       Here is a video of the dance we did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnXvIiDLYCQ

       My post of a few days ago was my attempt to get a thread going,
but maybe I came across a bit snide. I'm sorry if I did, I was attempting
a bit of humour by  alluding to the previous post and my own 'geekiness'.

   Cheers, Bill