[Callers] Calling to Recorded Music Resource List

Chrissy Fowler ktaadn_me at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 11:02:44 PDT 2010

> MY FAVORITE, MOST USEFUL, MOST USED RECORDED MUSIC:

* All recordings (& books) produced by New England Dancing Masters
(Peter & Mary Alice Amidon, Andy Davis, Mary Cay Brass & many other fine musicians including Becky Tracy, Keith Murphy, Sam & Stefan Amidon & Thomas Bartlett)
http://www.dancingmasters.com/

*Sweets of May & White Mountain Reel - recordings (& books) by Dudley Laufman
These have recently been combined into a single volume which looks quite terrific
http://laufman.org/

* Recordings by musicians local to my area (or the area of the gig) and inspiring at least one on-mic comment about these talented musicians in the neighborhood.

* I also have used KGB's Volga Notions (because the cd jacket claims in Russian, "Danceable but no chestnuts").

For SPECIFIC Tunes/Songs required for a specific dance:

* New England Chestnuts by Rodney & Randy Miller
two cd re-release available at Great Meadow Music
http://www.greatmeadowmusic.com/

* Lissa Schneckenburger's gorgeous new cd, Dance, is almost all chestnuts.
http://lissafiddle.com/

* Lloyd Shaw Foundation
Amazing resource, zillions of recordings & cue sheets and more.  They set up a download site for you, once you request your recordings.
http://lloydshaw.org/Catalogue/CatHome.htm

* I recently found Amazon Music Downloads very useful

-Chrissy Fowler
Belfast, ME