[Callers] Calling medleys for the first time

Greg McKenzie grekenzie at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:54:43 PST 2010

If you call a medley it is best to give the dancers fair warning well
in advance.  Some will want to find a "special" partner to spend that
slot with.  Others will just want to be sure they can avoid
newcomers.  (There is good reason for this.  Newcomers might have
difficulty and some of the regular dancers will only feel comfortable
dancing a medley if they are with an experienced dancer.)

Also, there are some of us who will want to sit out during a
medley.  Empowering the dancers with advance information about
unusual dances is good policy.  It builds trust and a sense of common purpose.

- Greg