[Callers] Community Dancing in the Old West (Was "Gender Free Dances")

Greg McKenzie gregmck at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 5 22:15:09 PST 2010

Thank you Alan for this information.  It is a great thing to have a
dance scholar on this list.  I am not one and I thank you for keeping us real.

I would be interested in your recommendation of a source for
information about community dancing in the early west.  Perhaps there
are others here who would also appreciate a good reference.

The "arm band" idea troubles me a bit.  If the mining camps were only
doing couple dances, why would they need arm bands?

Cheers,

- Greg