[Callers] Good Tune Sets

Sue Robishaw sue at manytracks.com
Thu Dec 2 17:12:02 PST 2010

   Hi,
       We have a group of musicians getting together a band for a new
   contra series (hurray!). They are mostly experienced musicians (old
   time, celtic) but not for dancing, and most (unfortunately) aren't
   dancers. Does anyone have any tune sets of common tunes that they
   particularly like? Having had the experience of calling to a rather
   amorphous (phrase wise) tune set put together by wonderful musicians
   but non dancers, I'd like to recommend for our group some good, solid
   core tune sets for a starting repertoire.
       Thanks!
           Sue Robishaw, Upper Peninsula of Michigan
   PS - Anyone know of a set dance musician's list similar to this one?