[Callers] Gender free dances

Robert Golder robertgolder at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 11:25:33 PST 2010

For more than two decades, Chris Ricciotti has been the leading exponent of the armbands/barearms method of role free calling. Chris has made available a web-based Gender-Free Dancing Callers Manual and History as a callers' resource. This is the best available published source of information. Go to:

http://lcfd.org/Articles/GFManual/

From this page you can download the Manual in PDF format. Subjects include a FAQ about calling and dancing role free (including "agenda" issues), sample dances with comparative instructions in both traditional and role-free notation, an essay on "Programming an Evening of Gender-Free Dancing," discussion of methods other than Armband/Barearm (from which you could further develop "lead" and "follow"), a history of role-free dancing, etc.  ... Bob

Robert Golder
New Bedford, MA, USA