[Callers] Gender free dances

Dave Colestock contradancerdave at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 10:10:01 PST 2010

Armbands and barearms work well as terms to use, but you would have to have ribbon to make the armbands, or perhaps use scarves, or ties.  Many gender free dance callers use the armbands and bare arms terminology when the dance provides the armbands for the leaders role.  There has to be some distinction in the dance as to who is doing what role.

Dave Colestock
Harrisburg, PA