[Callers] Telling couples to switch at the end of a contra set

Richard Fischer richardallenfischer at verizon.net
Wed Dec 1 16:55:32 PST 2010

And a related question: when will callers stop saying "Hands four from the top, number ones cross over"--in acknowledgement that improper formation is the default for modern contras?  I'm curious how many callers have already stopped saying that. Or to put the question another way, in how many dance communities do dancers line up inproper and not expect a reminder to "cross over" and be in improper formation?

Richard