[Callers] Trip to Lambertville - 2 Questions

Martha Edwards meedwards at westendweb.com
Thu Dec 24 09:31:15 PST 2009

Hi Leda!  (miss you guys)

I just got introduced to the "Right and Backward" (or "Left and Backward")
balance by Lisa Greenleaf, and thought I'd put in a plug for it. Though it
is strange at first to be moving at a slight diagonal during a balance, boy,
is it a nice feeling once my brain decided it was okay!  The balance to the
Right is nice because you get the friendly moment with whoever is there and
you *don't* get your shoulder accidentally pulled out of its socket by a
balance forward if the other person is more enthusiastic than your body can
endure. Then the balance back still gives you all that nice momentum that
the balance forward and back gives, which I have always loved.

According to Chris's post, I'm coming late to the Right and Backwards party,
but I'm still glad to be there.

On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Leda Shapiro <ledas at pacbell.net> wrote:

> And I love a balance forward and back and forward to the allemande

For the good are always the merry,
Save by an evil chance,
And the merry love the fiddle
And the merry love to dance. ~ William Butler Yeats