[Callers] The people have spoken

Luke Donev luke.donev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 19:39:54 PDT 2009

Thank you all for your feedback :-)

The overwhelming opinion is that the R hand allemande is more natural.

I think it's in part a circle L versus circle R kinda thing, where one
is more comfortable because it's done more and folks know how to make
it smooth. I also think it's a really small effect, and that dancer
comfort is an important consideration.

It's been pointed out to me that the sample dance I put up is very
close to Contraindicated by Peter Stix (replace the allemande with a
do-si-do, thus sidestepping the issue). The sample dance was actually
a simplification to just address the lines->allemande transition. The
dance I'm was working on that brought it up:

They're a right bunch of dancers
Becket
A1
Circle L 3/4, gents lead out to the left; zig and zag the set to new couples
A2
Circle R 3/4
ladies 1/2 chain
B1
long lines fwd & back
ladies allemande R 1 1/2 to ptr
B2
ptr bal & swg

Which I wrote to end with a partner balance and swing (something I
like to close a set with).

Thanks again for all the feedback and information.

--
Luke Donev
http://www.lukedonev.com
Luke.Donev at gmail.com