[Callers] Shoes

Mortland, Jo j-mortland at neiu.edu
Tue Jun 24 13:10:20 PDT 2008

I need to wear orthotics in my every day shoes for arch support.

So when I buy new shoes, I take the old pair, one that accommodates the
orthotics, to a shoe clinic.  I ask for "dance leather" (suede) to be
affixed to the bottoms of the shoes, but only from the toe to the arch
(not the heel).  This way I have support and a great surface for
swinging.  Costs me about $30.00.  and I keep updating my dance shoes as
I purchase new regular wear ones.  (I wear SAS shoes.  I used to have a
pair of Rockports with which I did the same thing.)

Jo Mortland