[Callers] Mother-Son dance

Walter Daves walterdaves at alltel.net
Thu Mar 15 17:38:10 PDT 2007

*Sasha  (Couples anywhere)--done to a specific tune *

*"Sasha!, Sasha!, one!, two! Three!"  (finger point on 1,2,3)*

* *

*A:  Clap as follows:
        RRR, LLL, B(oth)BB, K(nees)KK (8)
        RRR, LLL, BBB, KKK (8)*

* *

*B:    Swing by right elbow (8 steps) , say "Hey!" on 8th step
        Swing by left elbow (8 steps), say "Hey!" on 8th step*

* *

*            C:    Promenade around (16 steps) and then move by yourself
to find another partner(16 steps)*
      *  Alternate:  Swing 16 steps then promenade & find another
partner.  I've done this with adult groups.
*

*The whole thing, including the music, is in Bob Dalsemer's Folk Dance
Fun for Schools and Families (John C. Campbell Folk School)
*

* *You can get the tune at this web site:
http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/cgi/abc/tunefind

Walter