[Callers] Star Promenade

Bob Isaacs isaacsbob at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 13 00:40:37 PDT 2007

   Hi Jeffrey and SW;

   A couple more from me.  The first is the twin on the one Rich and
   Chris mentioned, with partner and neighbor swing switched;

   On Top of the Whirled     Becket-R

   A1.  Gents allemande L 1 1/2 - scoop up neighbor

         Star promenade, butterfly whirl

   A2.  Ladies gypsy R, neighbor swing

   B1.  R and L through

        On R diagonal new ladies allemande R 1 1/2 - scoop up partner

   B2.  Star promenade, butterfly whirl into partner swing

   In B1 while the ladies allemande the gents need to slide 2-3 steps to
   the L to be scooped, and just like Bevy, star prom with the lady's L
   arm on top.

   The next one is brand new, although it looks like it could have been
   written before.  I have been unable to find it in the usual
   references, but if someone knows of this let us know;

   Trip to Mansfield     Improper

   A1.  Neighbor balance, swing

   A2.  Circle L 3/4, partner swing

   B1.  Gents allemande L 1 1/2 - scoop up neighbor, star promenade,
   butterfly whirl

   B2.  Hey (LR, PL, GR, NL)

   Switching the swings here gives a dance similar to Heart of Glass.
   This was written for a medley contest for the upcoming NEFFA festival
   in Mansfield, MA.  Even with tihs dance, my medley wasn't selected -
   better ones by Lynn Ackerson and Bob Golder got the nod.  But I'm
   happy to lose any contest if it means writing one like this.

   Bob Isaacs