[Callers] dance guidelines

Lisa Sieverts lisa at lisasieverts.com
Wed Jan 26 15:18:07 PST 2005

On Jan 26, 2005, at 6:04 PM, lynn ackerson wrote:

> 2) As a caller, what information would you like to have included in
> such a document?

Here are my standard questions to booking coordinators. Some of it
relates to guidelines, some of it is just information that I like to
know ahead of time.

Band?
Advertised theme for the dance?
What level of dancing?
About how many dancers?
Is there a teaching session prior to the dance? If so, when and for how
long?
What time should I plan to be there?
What time does the dance end?
Is there a break, and if so at what time and for how long?
Is there a tradition of couple dances at the break? If so, when, what
kinds of dances, and how many.
Is there a time set aside for announcements, and if so, when?
In general, do you like to keep dancing (short time between dances) or
do you like time for socializing (unhurried interval between dances)?
Directions to the hall.
Place to sleep

Lisa