[Callers] Dance organization?

Nathaniel Jack nath at data-miners.com
Sun Oct 3 13:29:28 PDT 2004

I use a system that I got from Bob Isaacs and is either the same or very
similar to that used by other callers I've spoken to. First I separate
them into dances I've written and dances written by someone else. After
that, I use five different color cards.
Yellow: Basic dance. Not that hard to teach, good for beginners.
Green: Neighbor Dance. Not a lot of time spent with your partner.
Pink: Partner dance. Losts of time spent with your partner.
Blue: Challenging dance. A hard-to-teach unusual figure or generally
difficult.
Purple: Dance in a formation you don't call as much. For me this is just
about everything but improper contras.

~Nathaniel